Thursday, November 11, 2010

Driving around Windermere over to Broughton













We had a pleasant drive in winter sunshine yesterday, stopping for a simple lunch at Booths supermarket cafe in the town of Windermere. We drove along the east side of the lake, taking photographs from the car, mostly as we were moving. The road is narrow, winding and undulating with few places to stop. We took the road back home that goes through Coniston but we found it closed when we got to Torver so came a long way home over a hill above Broughton with great views of the glittering sea.

For more photographs of Cumbria go to Lake District Saga
For a more literary blog, go to my Wrinkly Writers
To read about my author activities go to my books blog
Magpies Nest Publishing is my publishing site.
AGPress (USA) has a special deal coming up on the books I have published there. A good place to go for those interested in hand-crafted books (a rarity these days?)

No comments: